Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Leavin' on a jet plane...

Fortunately, I do know when I’m coming back again. Tomorrow Manny and I will be heading down to his boyhood pueblo for the wedding of sobrina #1 (niece #1). My suegra (mother-in-law) and sobrina #2 will be traveling with us. Daytime temperatures there are nice, but it gets cold at night and there is NO. HEAT. None. Unless you count the little electric heaters that blow out every available fuse. I’m hoping that it will not be as frigid as the last time we went. I don’t start to thaw until it hits 70. I really admire people who can stand the cold like that. If I had a little more cold resistance, think of the money we could save on heating bills.

The fantastic eats that are to be had there almost make up for camping in a concrete tent. We will also get to spend some time with scores, and I literally mean scores, of family that we have not seen for some time. So, we are definitely looking forward to that. Now, if only the weather in Sheet Rock Hills would cooperate so as not to cancel the flight…

No comments: