Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heartbeat!

I was able to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time today. It was a much cooler experience than I had anticipated. When the doctor said "There's baby," I think I got this dopey grin on my face and the only thing I could say was "Really?" So, thanks be to God that both of us are healthy and progressing as we should. The heartbeat measured in at 160bpm, which according to the doctor is "perfect girl range." We shall see!

I only wish that Manny could have been with me. He was called in to work at 6 AM to fix this:



Yes, it's a giant sink hole in the middle of a fairly busy street. 100 year old water mains and cold weather just don't mix.

They are making Manny pull at least a 24 hour shift, and the wind chill here is below zero. If you think of it, say a prayer for his safety and the safety of all those working in bitterly cold and sleep-deprived conditions.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hooray for heartbeats!

What women did before the Doppler I'll never know. Congratulations! I'm so very happy for you!

And prayers for your husband, though I'm a bit late. I saw one of his videos on Netflix the other day. Very cute!

mz said...

Thanks! That rapid little whoosh made things seem much more real.

As for Manny, I love his accent. I think I'll keep him :D

Reb. Mary said...

Hey, I'm a little late too, but another hooray for heartbeats!

This is my third time around, and I still said, "So there's really someone in there" when I heard his heartbeat for the first time. My doc laughed but totally understood what I was saying.