Saturday, May 31, 2008

Speed Bump

So far physically, I have had NOTHING to complain about as far as being pregnant goes. I have been humbled and grateful to have escaped many of the pitfalls that I know countless scores of women have experienced.

Until now. Turns out I have not escaped anemia. And may I just say that it's for the birds. My late and much beloved gramma, among numerous other health complaints, suffered from anemia as well. In that pithy, no-nonsense way she had, she would always say "I'm good for crap." Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank God for Manny, who has been taking such good care of me and happily pulls double duty around the house while I am able to accomplish the coefficient of jack and squat. And thank God for my mom who has been keeping us fed even though she hates to cook.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Ack! Anemia stinks. I get borderline anemic every time I wake up.

How much longer do you have 'til Baby done gets born?

mz said...

10 weeks! Baby and I have been having serious discussion about August 8th. How cool to say your birthday is 08-08-08. We'll see if he/she thinks that's a good idea by and by.

Dawn said...

LOL!

I hope that works out for both of your sakes. :)