Monday, June 16, 2008

Ungainfully Employed

Friday was my last official day of gainful employment. Despite certain frustrations I had been experiencing in the last year and half at my job, last week was extremely difficult. The aforementioned frustrations aside, it was a really good place to work. I was blessed with kind and generous bosses, and wonderful co-workers. As I rushed around tying up loose ends, it felt a little like I was leaving my last will and testament. May I just say the hormones didn't help either.

I know that Manny and I have made the right decision in that I will be staying home and being devoted exclusively to the care of said home and, eventually, baby. There is much to be done in the next few weeks before everything changes yet again. I feel many, many lists coming on.

So I guess I can say that I am still employed, just not in the way most people would assume when they hear the phrase.

No comments: