Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Very Own Sanitarium

Every man, woman and child in this house is sick. Fortunately that does not include the dog - yet. E's version of my little rhinovirus began Saturday morning at 2AM. I was hoping that breastfeeding would prevent her from contracting it, but sadly such was not the case. I am hoping that the course of it is shorter and milder than the one I am now recovering from.

This comes on the heels of her 3 month old checkup on Thursday. I am happy to report that she now weighs 13lbs 1oz and is 24" long. She was supposed to get her first vaccination but the doctor's office was waiting for a shipment of the DTaP to come in. That turned out to be a good thing, since her little immune system would have been overwhelmed between the vax and the cold. We are delaying and selectively vaxing. Our doctor did not want to start any vaxes with her until 3 months, and every time she does receive a shot it will be one at a time so as to hopefully prevent reactions and more easily identify them if they do occur.

I have been working on E's birth story for the past two weeks. One of these days it will be done and I will post it. I knew that motherhood required 24/7 devotion, but I hadn't a clue as to how all-consuming it could possibly be. That's not a complaint though. I am trying to enjoy every moment I have with her - even the difficult ones. Now that the crazies seem to be behind me I am much better equipped to do so!

2 comments:

MooreMama said...

now you've done it...the crazies have surely lured you into their trap! They just want you to think that they're gone. Then, you let down your guard, and OUT they pounce. Like tiger kittens. With razor sharp claws. Or maybe that's just my experience...

Reb. Mary said...

The crazies tend to get me later rather than sooner too :O

But Kelly, we're sure that you're safely past them :) and here's hoping that everyone's feeling a bit better by now! Looking forward to that birth story when you get it out.